Tuesday, January 27, 2009

i have no idea what drives you mister

on the way home from the airport, john says "i have something to tell you heather. i didn't want to tell you while you were in ny because i didn't want to ruin your trip".
"THE SILVER JEWS BROKE UP. AND THAT SHOW IN THE CAVE IS THEIR LAST SHOW EVER."


the show that i was planning on flying to this weekend in tennessee. but now my parents decided to fly in that same night. the show that is IN A CAVE. a little piece of me is dying inside. do i buy a $150 ticket (they were originally $15) on the tiny chance that something happens and my parents don't make it? yes.

david wrote this:

Hello, my friend.
Cassie and I went to the cave and it looks great. 58 degrees but the humidity makes it feel like 72. I'm just going to play fifteen songs. My fifteen favorite ones. A dollar per song. Plus Arnett Hollow. I don't want to keep you underground for too long. Fall Creek Falls State Park State Lodge is great by the way. Yes I cancelled the South American shows. I'll have to see the ABC Countries another way. I guess I am moving over to another category. Screenwriting or Muckraking. I've got to move on. Can't be like all the careerists doncha know. I'm forty two and I know what to do. I'm a writer, see? Cassie is taking it the hardest. She's a fan and a player but she sees how happy i am with the decision. I always said we would stop before we got bad. If I continue to record I might accidentally write the answer song to Shiny Happy People. What, you thought I was going to hang on to the bitter end like Marybeth Hamilton?
love david
and then he followed up with exposing to everyone his gravest secret, that this man is his father:
www.bermanexposed.org
no wonder.. so many things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, IN A CAVE? I really hope you go!